As the most preferred tool for web design these days, Figma is becoming more versatile every passing day. Adapting new ways to attract users and make the experience of using Figma long-lasting, it has come up with new functions like FIGJAM.
Figma is a cloud-based tool used for UI design by web designers and web developers. Figma is setting up a great example of UX and UI design for its users as it is taking magnificent steps to improve its adaptability in the design process. Usually, teams collaborate on Figma to work on designing wireframes and mockups together. Interestingly, teams can collaborate to do brainstorming, design user flows, develop information architecture, take feedback on research, and more like this using Figma’s new feature called FIGJAM.
What is FIGJAM?
FIGJAM, in simple words, is a digital board where we can share research ideas and do the planning of the project using its tools. FIGJAM also enables us to share the jam-board with clients and can simultaneously debate about the views. Surprisingly, it all stays in the cloud, just like Figma.
Features provided by FIGJAM
- Stickies (Post It) to attach and share thoughts swiftly.
- Connectors for linking stuff together; these arrows remain connected even if we move the objects around.
- We can share feedbacks using cursor chat.
- We can quickly react using disappearing emojis and also leave your suggestion using a permanent stamp.
- FIGJAM also has a pre-loaded bunch of stylish stickers to express. Just drag and drop them on canvas. Moreover, we can add custom components to team libraries.
- We can copy and paste our Figma designs to get responses from clients and can edit after that.
- We can also sketch the layout using a marker there.
Benefits of using FIGJAM
- Rather than using different platforms for research and design, we can do it all in one place.
- The superior service is that it stays on a browser, and FIGJAM allows us to record every project separately.
- Customers can use comments to give their reviews.
- We can paste the frames on FIGJAM to get feedback from clients and other designers working on the project.
- By using Figma-FIGJAM, the design will remain unaffected and clean.
It is a great effort made by Figma to come up with this innovation. It is still in the Beta process, but exploring new and keeping all the work together is well thought. FIGJAM will be advantageous for designers and clients to be on one platform; this way, teams can save time and resources.
I am a UX/UI designer possessing an analytical character towards web design. Exploring new techniques and outcomes of improving user experience is the vital interest I desire. I have been attempting various tools like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, Adobe After effects, Adobe XD, Figma, Invision Studio, and Fontlab used for graphic and web designing. I cherish working on various projects like illustrating, poster making, developing fonts, publication design, signage design, wireframing, prototyping, and many more. I found that these projects’ learnings are very supportive in web design as everything is linked to each other somehow. It has been great for me to drown deep into this field as each day is becoming worthwhile spending time in the process.
To know more about me or my projects, you can find me on,
You can also read: